Have Courage and Be Kind


Exams are over!!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, a sincere apology to any lingering visitors (I notice my viewership has been going up exponentially despite no updates - why?) who come to read about my daily life only to find a poignant post about how stressful law school is and nothing thereafter.

I think I've gotten a slight grasp on the hectic life of a law student. And I think, and hope, that maybe now I can spend my free time more strategically so that I have more time to do what I love i.e. what I'm doing now - blogging.

I recently changed my phone from a Note 2 to an S7 edge and boy, am I excited to test out its camera! To be fair, I've had the phone for almost a month now, but the period between Christmas and this week was filled with studying, studying, and more studying, which means I never really got a chance to put my new camera to good use.

The above picture however was taken using the new phone, though, and I am pleased with how it turned out. A formal introduction to my entry table!! At least I think that's what it's called - a table that greets you at the entrance of a room or entryway. Not that my bedroom is enormous or anything, but being a hoarder I found myself with one table too many (I have five tables big and small in total) and so I decided to turn one into an entry table where I can store my ornaments and photo frames! The obvious centrepiece is this canvas poster gifted by my friends for my birthday last year (has time really passed by that quickly?) which is my inspiration for today's post title.

I wrote a rather lengthy 'soliloquy' on my New Year instagram post which revolved around the mantra: "Don't Sweat It" which I feel ties in really nicely with the message in the poster. I envision 2017 to be a year of self-actualization and in order to do that - or to make the process enriching - I've been constantly reminding myself to take a step back at times to look at things from the larger perspective so that I do not get too caught up in the moment. Of course, the natural result is that I don't over-rejoice at small successes but neither do I over-berate myself for small failures. When things are looking dim, all I have to do is to be courageous and speak, think and act in kindness. I hope to be a nicer person this year (inner me cringes)

AND SO YES, I am back blogging and I hope that this will continue throughout Semester Two (hello assignments) amidst all my work. Speaking of 'work', I made the decision to quit tutoring back around November so that I can have my Saturdays free for studying (and if I'm efficient enough, time for myself). Now that I have a significant cut in my allowance, I hope that I can decrease my expenditure (goodbye clothes) so that I don't have to live on cup noodles everyday (yum though). I am also looking to take up more acting assignments when I'm free so that I still have some more extra allowance, though I doubt it will happen while I'm still inundated with assignments. I do acknowledge though an oil reserve that is my closet - when I finally stop procrastinating, I shall update my Carousell account with my preloved items so female (or male, whatever floats your boat) readers, please keep posted!

xoxo
Valerie



teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

No comments:

Post a Comment