Doing What I Love


It's Summer!!

It's been so for almost two months, and I've finally caught up with my sleep debt (I guess). Another month to go before tackling Law School again - go Val!

For the past two months or so, I've been focussing on doing what I love - filming and acting. I've done 3 projects so far and I'm looking forward to doing more for the remainder of Summer. I'm psyched! You may also realise that I have added a new page to my blog: the showreel page. Here you can find the full versions of my projects as opposed to the truncated versions on my Instagram page.

Now that I've satisfied my appetite for acting, I've recently been toying with the idea of finally starting a Youtube channel to post song covers. I've got a semi-professional microphone and Garageband so all is fine, but I am just unable to get back the barrier that is insecurity. That said, singing along with acting are the greatest enjoyments of my life, and I am inspired by the rise of indie singers (not that I want to make it my career) to finally do what I love openly instead of admiring others. So no holding back! If I should one day find the courage to record a full cover, I may just embark on this journey. Or shall I start with Soundcloud for now?

I've never been more relaxed in the past year - The three month break is truly a useful period of time during which I can explore old and new interests - and discover a new me. Prior to Summer the stress of examinations prevented me from fully understanding how much I can achieve during this long break - so there's me, two-thirds into Summer having enjoyed myself by doing what I love but not having achieved much materially. I should really have an internship planned next year...

xoxo
Valerie


teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

No comments:

Post a Comment