REVIEW: SILKYGIRL Color Shine in Crimson Cherry 42


After my previous semi-successful attempt at getting red hair for the Lunar New Year, I am back once again for another box dye review, this time a different brand altogether. SILKYGIRL is an asian cosmetics brand that has recently released a line of hair dyes titled ColorShine (don't ask me why it's in American spelling) - While I have tried their dye once, this is my first time using #42 Crimson Cherry in yet another try to achieve plum/red/burgundy hair, and I am excited to share my experience with all of you!

I know it is extremely important to have an idea of before-and-after when reviewing hair dyes, so
for people who would like to know my history of dyeing hair, here it is to the best of my knowledge:

November 2014 - Garnier Olia in Burgundy
January 2015 - Liese Creamy Bubble Colour in Jewel Pink
May 2015 - Silky Girl Colour Shine Hair Dye in Mystic Plum
October 2015 - Revlon Colour Silk in Burgundy + Revlon Luminista in Red

February 2016 - Liese Creamy Bubble Colour in Maple Red (review available)

Pictures will be available at the end of the review, so please stay patient while we go through the box contents (though we almost always skip that section).





First things first, I do feel that SILKYGIRL Colorshine has a rather inaccurate representation of the 'After' colour, especially since the 'Before' colour was jet black. Even for someone like me who gradually lightened her hair, the result is never close to what is given on the box. Then again, when are the pictures ever accurate? Two faults do not make a right, though, so it is worthwhile to point that out.



Contents of SILKYGIRL ColorShine Box Dye

The contents are very typical, comprising an instruction leaflet, gloves, after-colour conditioner and the necessary components to make up the dye. It would be great if companies also gave combs to go with their dyes, especially when these are cream colourants unlike Liese's Bubble Hair Dye which can just be lathered up like shampoo, but then again, these are barely necessities so no penalty!


BEFORE: This is my hair under sunlight after dyeing it with Liese Creamy Bubble Colour in Maple Red this February, which is a pretty shade of red. I was rather disappointed though, because it did not come out brighter as suggested on the box, and failed to cover my black roots.




AFTER: This is how my hair looks under similar lighting conditions after dyeing it with SILKYGIRL Color Shine in Crimson Red! I am very satisfied with the plum shade, albeit it only being noticeable under sunlight.

As you can expect, the colour of my hair changes with amount of light hitting it, so it varies from soft plum to burgundy, as you can observe from the series of photos below:







I do know that this is not red-red hair, but I am very happy with how my hair looks right now! I am considering maintaining this colour using Liese and SilkyGirl in the future, but as for now, I will need to mend the hole in my wallet (cheapo, yes) and hope that the colour does not wash off soon!


Update 09/03/2016: The colour has pretty much washed off, but very occasionally the colour comes up in pictures, giving me a pleasant surprise. Here's an unexpected tinge of red in my hair from an Instagram post today.




Update 30/03/2016: I am planning to dye my hair soon as my black roots have surfaced once again, and when I look back the photos in this entry I must say I am really quite amazed at the synergy of the Liese and SilkyGirl hair dyes. For those who are looking to have hair colour similar to mine without bleaching, you might want to try using both dyes (not at the same time).
If you are interested in SILKYGIRL Color Shine in Crimson Cherry, keep your eyes peeled as I will be updating this entry at least two more times! 

xoxo
Valerie

teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

1 comment:

  1. You need to bleach your hair first before using this silkygirl dye right?

    ReplyDelete