Silhouettes

The gist of it is what we see in the horizon
18th of January 2016. 17 days since the New Year, and I've been neglecting social media for the longest time. Hell, I even thought 2016 would be the start of something new - the start of my flourishing social life where I start posting on Instagram more regularly, and breathing new life into this mundane blog of mine...
I guess procrastination has its way of dealing with lofty dreams.

The past week or two has been extremely busy. I'm neither rushing from one place to another, nor constantly sitting at the table doing work, but just psychologically my heart feels something heavy as if I'm so busy - busier than I've ever been before.

Maybe it's the stress that comes with university applications. I mean, it's a once in a lifetime experience, right? Everything I do now, I've never done before. Logging into the student portal for applications, sitting for psychometric tests and even having a bizarre 5-hour interview with a psychologist! In midst of all this craziness, I am grateful for what I have now. My IB grades were not up to standard, but I am finding satisfaction with all I am being offered now. In retrospect, I have been blessed with far more than I should expect, and whether or not these opportunities are desirable, I am thankful nonetheless.

I'll have to keep this entry short because I shall need to go back to studying, and preparing for a scholarship interview that I have scheduled tomorrow. I am kept on my toes waiting for news from Med School, but the chances given to me by other faculties are as precious, and I do not wish to deny my very best efforts.

Silhouettes... When you look towards the horizon, and try to get a glimpse of what your future might be, you don't often see everything for it is.
All you get is an outline -  dark, coarse lines embodying everything that represents you in the future. Undiscovered opportunities, undisclosed conclusions... Whatnot.
While I am eager to find out more about where my path takes me, I can only focus my efforts in enriching myself now as I await...

xoxo
Valerie

teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

No comments:

Post a Comment