Burning Out



Apologies for not updating my blog in the longest time ever (then again, who do I even owe a duty to?)

.... And there I go with the Law jokes again. Judge me if you will, but at times like this when I'm burning out and pulling my hair out over academics, even cold humour provides some respite however momentarily.

It's hump day of my fourth week in school, and that dreaded feeling of confusion and existential crisis is slowly taking me over as I realise I am not catching up well in studies. Contract and Crim are okay, but Torts is really giving me a huge headache with all the tests for DOC. I think I might have mentioned somewhere that I am the type of student who simply does not understand anything at the start of a new topic. That said, once I get it, I get it - And it sticks. This mostly applies for the Sciences which I have a passion for, so I'm not sure how it plays out with regard to drier subjects like Law. While I'm trying to comfort myself by attributing my retardation to that characteristic of mine, I can't help feeling that it's just me not being very suited to study Law. And that's where my existential crisis comes in...

I mean, sure, I am a stickler for going 'by the book' and therefore loopholes in the Law fascinate me so. Some people who fall through the gaps on purpose are highly intelligent individuals who craft their deed around the Law... Who skirt around the Law to commit offences while still keeping to the rules. How can one determine his guilt in such circumstances? What is guilt, even? These kind of questions fuel my drive to study the Law. While I am passionate for the subject matter, I don't think that I might be cut out to learn about Law Law, if that even makes sense.

So here I am, in the Study Room, having attempted to study efficiently for the past 6 hours to no avail. I'm burning out, and I'm burning out fast. There is no time at home to rest and relax - only to flip pages and worry about completing my readings and finishing assignments.

Can someone give me oxygen?

teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

No comments:

Post a Comment